On our November Magical Mystery Tour we visited Birth Choice and the Life Adult Day Care Center.
New director, Sandrel Jones-Webster, shared with us how Birth Choice strives to assist pregnant women with the means and opportunity to choose life. According to Birth Choice publications, the organization responds to the needs of pregnant women to become self-sufficient and positively contribute to society.
What Birth Choice Does
Birth Choice serves as a resource center for pregnant women for a variety of services, which include but are not limited to:
- Complimentary pregnancy tests.
- Complimentary Limited Ultrasounds.
- Prenatal Assessments.
- Prenatal vitamins.
- Access to medical care.
- Maternity & infant clothing as available.
- Counseling & referrals when needed.
- Community service coordination.
- Transportation assistance.
- Housing through Rose Home.
- On-staff Hispanic translator.
- Abstinence education.
- Parenting education.
- Post-abortion counseling.
Interested in volunteering?
Birth Choice is primarily staffed by volunteers. Volunteers must meet two primary requirements:
- Must be totally, unequivocally pro-life.
- Must be non-judgmental.
Potential volunteers first sign-up for a 3 hour introductory informational session. Sessions are offered periodically throughout the year on an as needed basis. During the session, volunteers are informed about Birth choice and various ways to volunteer with the organization.
Then the volunteer is asked to decide where and in what way they would like to volunteer. Opportunities include:
- Working directly with women who need our services
- Helping with physical needs
- Providing transportation
- Providing clerical support
- Answering telephones
- Working with special fundraising events
To get involved, drop by the office (1309 S. Husband Place), call 405-377-5683. Tell the person you meet or call that you want to get involved and they’ll get you started!