Sadly, our PR interns, Allison and Mindee, won’t be SLVC interns next year. Allison is studying abroad and Mindee is interning in Oklahoma City. So…
We’re looking for at least two public relations interns to help promote the Service-Learning Volunteer Center next spring. Interested? E-mail me (Cortney) at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and we’ll set up an interview.
The Public Relations Intern will be responsible for assisting in developing the public relations strategy for the Service-Learning Volunteer Center, including brainstorming, creating, and distributing marketing materials.
Other duties include assisting with SLVC events, determining social media message content, creating and maintaining newsletters, and writing regular articles and PSAs.
Intern will work closely with SLVC Coordinator, SLVC Graduate Assistant, OSU volunteers and on-campus media.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work from home
- Creative and outgoing
- Organization and time management skills
- Comfortable working with and communicating with diverse groups of people
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior
- Prior or current interest in volunteerism is helpful, but not required!
- Create portfolio samples
- Develop a public relations strategy
- Flexible work schedule
- Gain better understanding of campus operations
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in ongoing volunteering activities
- Promote volunteerism among OSU students
Check out our OSU Web site for more information about the SLVC.