We are writing to alert you to the efforts of a group of faculty and students from OSU who are organizing disaster relief for victims of the recent tornadoes that hit Tuscaloosa, Alabama. A group will be leaving Stillwater Sunday, May 8 taking needed assistance to Tuscaloosa. The effort is being organized by Dr. Cynthia Nichols, School of Media and Strategic Communications.
Contact: Cynthia.email@example.com or phone 744-8271. Donations may be made at 108 JB on Campus. Primary needs are: nonperishable food, baby supplies, and funding to help support transportation of the supplies.
Of course, we also can support the victims of the tornadoes that swept across the southeastern states by making contributions to:
American Red Cross: https://american.redcross.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=ntld_southern_tornadoes
Salvation Army: https://secure20.salvationarmy.org/donation.jsp
- Alabama Tornado – Tuscaloosa Fly Over (goodnewsnow.wordpress.com)
- NASA satellite sees tornado tracks in Tuscaloosa, Alabama (w/ video) (physorg.com)
- Watch: Massive Damage in Tuscaloosa, Alabama After Tornadoes Hit the South (newsfeed.time.com)
- How to Help Victims of Tornadoes in Alabama and Other Southern States (savings.com)
- Help Tuscaloosa: Brief Essays from Michael Martone and Wendy Rawlings (brevity.wordpress.com)
- Alabama Athletics Secure Disaster Relief National Championship (sbnation.com)
- Watch: Massive Tornado Rips Through Tuscaloosa (towleroad.com)
- Watch Shocking Video Of A Tornado Ripping Through Tuscaloosa, Alabama (mediaite.com)
- Yankees donate $500,000 for tornado relief (hardballtalk.nbcsports.com)