In April, Oxfam America will select 50 incredible undergraduates from the U.S. and around the world to be part of our national leadership program, the CHANGE Initiative (www.oxfamamerica.org/change). CHANGE offers students the opportunity to develop essential leadership skills as social change agents, while encouraging civic engagement and heightening their awareness of their own cultural worldview. It further gives students the resources they need to become advocates and make a difference in the global fight against hunger, poverty, and injustice.
Students selected as CHANGE Leaders:
- Connect with Oxfam staff and have access to expert skills based training, resources, materials and year-round support;
- Engage in community service & advocacy efforts that address critical community needs;
- Find their own leadership identity;
- Develop confidence and the skills to effect positive, lasting social change, and
- Become part of an active and growing, global network of peers and alumni working on social justice issues.
We are recruiting for CHANGE Leaders to serve on their campus during the 2012-2013 academic year. They are invited to attend an all-expense paid leadership training in Boston, MA in July.
Become an Oxfam America CHANGE Leader! Apply by April 2nd! www.oxfamamerica.org/change