Tag Archives: animals
*Courtesy of Stillwater Chamber of Commerce*
Salvation Army:Volunteers are needed to ring bells at the donation kettles and also to help distribute gifts from the Angel Trees. To volunteer, contact Sgt. Rob Daniels at 372-1554. Donations can be made by giving a gift from the Angel Trees located in both Wal-Marts, Belk, Atwoods, IBC Bank, SpiritBank, Carl’s Jr., and Sirloin Stockade.
Domestic Violence: Need donations of new clothing including women’s and children’s socks, women’s sweat pants/shirts sets, and women’s underwear sizes 6-10. Also need bath sets (body wash & lotion). If you want to purchase more personalized gifts, the Chamber has a list of specific individuals and their needs. Call 372-5573 for details.
Humane Society: Volunteers are needed to help come by and socialize with dogs and cats. Also need donations of cat litter, dish soap, and training treats for dogs. The Humane Society can also utilize used washcloths & hand towels for cleaning cages and used blankets for the dogs to sleep on.
Community Christmas Dinner: Volunteers are needed on Christmas Day from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call Charles Kaupke at 377-8184. Donations of cakes are also needed, call Nancy Patton at 372-0885.
You have service hours that you must complete by the end of the semester, which actually means you only have 11 days.
So, what can you do to get the job done?
1) Skim the list below.
2) Call the organizations as soon as possible to start volunteering.
3) Simply tell them that you’re an OSU student looking for volunteer hours and that you’d really like to lend a hand. They’ll love to hear from you!
Service Hour Possibilities
- Walk dogs – Humane Society. Check out a dog for a couple hours, walk it around the park, campus, wherever. Call the Humane Society at 405-377-1701 or drop by 1710 S. Main to get involved.
- Sponsor a kid’s Christmas – Mitten Tree & Cowboy Angel Tree. It costs money, but you can make someone’s Christmas special with a few gifts. (Shopping counts as hours).
- Donate food – Mission of Hope & Domestic Violence Services. Both places always need donations and help around their offices. Call them up to get involved.
- Shop help – St. Andrew’s Thrift Shop, Karman Korner, & Elite Repeat. Each of these thrift shops need help sorting, arranging and cleaning items, especially during this season. Click on the links included above for contact information. Call Elite Repeat at 405-377-4462 or drop by at 711 S. Main
More ideas coming soon! E-mail me at email@example.com if you’re having problems.
Have fun serving!
Support the Humane Society next Tuesday, Nov. 17 by walking your dog on Willard lawn anytime from 5-7 p.m.
The Service-Learning Volunteer Center Ambassadors are hosting a relaxing evening of romping dogs, puppy chow for walkers and a contest. To participate in the contest dog walkers are encouraged to donate any of the following items, which will be given to the Humane Society.
- Paper towels
- Dish soap
- Scented dog treats
- Clorox wipes
- Rawhide chewies
- Big blankets
- Cat litter
Representatives from the Humane Society will also be available to help those interested in adopting a pet.
“Undercover” judges will judge dogs according to “Best Personality,” “Coolest Trick,” “Cutest Outfit,” Best behaved,” and more. Prizes will be awarded around 6:30 p.m.
Interested in participating? Just show up! We’re looking forward to seeing you!
Kittens in Stillwater and the surrounding areas need help from volunteers. Help these furry creatures out by:
- Working in the re-sale shop
- Help with adoptions and fundraisers.
Call Director Holly Chapples at 405-612-0071 to pitch in a paw.